Member Login

Lost your password?
Not registered?Register Now
SINGAPORE. Art Stage Singapore 2013
22/01/2013 21:24:21

Photo credit: Red Fights Back, Geraldine Javier, 2012, Courtesy of Silverlens

Now in its third year at the stunning Marina Bay Sands complex, Art Stage Singapore opens its doors this January 24-27 as a not-to-be-missed destination for collectors, artists and art-lovers passionate about Asian contemporary art. The fair has earned its reputation for being the only international fair focused specifically on Asia. Art Stage builds on Singapore’s commitment to becoming a cultural hub in the region, offering through this fair opportunities for dialogue and exchanges, as well as new discoveries.

When fair director and founder Lorenzo Rudolf first launched Art Stage Singapore in 2011, the opportunity was clear: “No other fair in the world is poised to bring international attention to the Pan-Asian contemporary art scene,” he explained, “and Singapore is the ideal hub for this type of exchange, as a small, neutral and multicultural country, and a unique destination for affluent people from around the region and the world”.   

131 galleries from around the world with 75% of the participating galleries harking from Asia Pacific and the remaining 25% a selection of leading international galleries

33 special solo shows featuring emerging artists from Asia Pacific, highlights include Sherna Teperson (Aus), Donna Ong (SG), Charwei Tsai (Taiwan) and Jakkai Siributr (Thailand), etc. 

In its third edition, this is a curated exhibition featuring Singapore’s best local talents. The 2013 Singapore Platform will be developed by National Arts Council (NAC). 

The Indonesian Pavilion Feature Exhibition will be one of the largest international showcases of Indonesian contemporary art to date. It is designed to reflect the unrivaled development of Indonesian art scene, which is the strongest and largest market in Southeast Asia. Inside the exhibition, 36 Indonesian artists such as Entang Wiharso, Jumaldi Alfi, Heri Dono, Aditya Novali, Tintin Wulia and art collectives including Tromarama and Indieguerillas will present specially curated works of a diverse range of media and disciplines. Together with other Indonesian artists being shown in the fair's main exhibition section, the Pavilion shall present Indonesian galleries and an education centre housed within and managed by the Indonesian Visual Art Archive (I.V.A.A.) that grants further insight in to the vibrant Indonesian contemporary arts scene.
 

Page source : http://www.artstagesingapore.com/news/articles/asia’s-global-art-fair-art-stage-singapore-overall-programme-for-the-2013-edition/

 

News Tags

crafts

exhibit

canvas

art fair

biennial

installation

design

fair

archaelogy

finding

graphics

audience

Login to leave a comment

At the moment there are no comments available for this content